Learning & Development Manager |
Under the general supervision of the Vice President of Human Resources, the Learning & Development Manager is responsible for the management, development and coordination of comprehensive and centralized general training programs for Azusa Pacific University.
The Learning & Development Manager will work closely with cross-functional partners to identify learning needs and drive scalable and sustainable learning development solutions that facilitate a high-performance culture.
The Learning & Development Manager will provide APU employees with learning opportunities to enhance skills, improve effectiveness, develop leadership capability, increase employee engagement, and prepare for career mobility. The Learning & Development Manager at APU also serves as the organization's leader in centralizing training efforts to ensure coherence and collaboration in training efforts. This role interfaces with numerous stakeholders among APUís community.
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as organizational development, communications, business administration, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Minimum of 5-7 years of progressively responsible professional experience designing and managing customized learning and development programs in an organizational level.
* Experience implementing a centralized learning content and delivery strategy and system to manage self-help and instructor-led training.
* Demonstrated expertise in principles of organizational design and organizational and employee development.
* Skilled in conducting gap analysis, needs assessment and program development and delivery.
* Experience providing frequent, regular performance coaching and encouraging effective behavior for individual and team success.
* Three or more years of experience in a management or leadership role.
* Demonstrated computer proficiency, including working knowledge of Canvas or other LMS and MS Office Suite.
* Demonstrated ability to make presentations and lead large group discussions.
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion, including knowledge of how to communicate effectively with diverse audiences, and of strategies for creating inclusive learning environments.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* The review and assessment of current training approaches to identify areas for development.
* Design and implement employee development curriculum targeting competency needs of future workforce.
* Conduct strategic planning to produce comprehensive, centralized training programs; create and manage training schedules; and deliver and/or facilitate the delivery of trainings and skill development across various program areas.
* Closely manage prioritization process to identify and advance the highest-level projects, critical strategic goals and initiatives for the organization.
* Use human-centered design approaches to discover, design and develop meaningful engagements to ensure the organization has the capabilities to compete in the future.
* Act as a change agent: build understanding, enthusiasm, and use influence to gain buy in from key stakeholders and drive alignment within the organization.
* Build work plans and work closely with cross-functional partners to support and drive successful execution and implementation of all solutions.
* Design, deliver and track skills training for University managers and employees on various topics such as leadership development, performance management, effective communication, and individual job performance improvement as needed. Provide coaching to employees in support of their growth and development.
* Facilitate University, State and Federal required training including but not limited to Sexual Harassment Prevention, FERPA, EEO, Title IX, Performance Management, Talent Management and Succession Planning.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
* Strong ability to use media effectively/knowledge of MS Office Suite and presentation software.
* Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard.
* Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
* Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations.
* Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 15 lbs.
* Ability to climb stairs as needed throughout the workday.
* Computer monitor and reading.
* Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
* Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Canvas or other LMS.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.