Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Westminster, MD United States
|| Human Resources
Director, Human Resources|
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Administration, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and managing a comprehensive human resource program. Specifically, the Director is responsible for:
• Executing staff-related employment actions
• Providing leadership to campus on matters of diversity, equity, and inclusion related to faculty and staff
• Overseeing the administration of the group benefits program including self-funded health, dental, and vision benefits plans, life insurance, long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, employee assistance program, tuition remission, and CIGNA voluntary plans
• Overseeing all employment records
• Overseeing the administration of the retirement plan
• Administering the compensation program for staff
• Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree required in related field or equivalent years of experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Five or more years of progressive experience required, with at least two years of related supervisory experience.
• SHRM or HRCI certification preferred.
• Ability to interpret and apply concepts related to benefits, employment, and labor law
• Accurate, detail oriented, quantitative skills including the ability to compile statistics and prepare correspondence and reports of a technical nature.
• Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize duties and work independently.
• Intermediate computer skills (HRIS, report writing, MS Office)
• Ability to deal with difficult people, while maintaining decorum
• Must be able to anticipate and plan for cyclical activities.
• Ability to accurately assess and handle phone calls, visitor requests, etc., with discretion and a positive attitude
• Discretion and reliability in sensitive and confidential matters
McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs. At McDaniel College we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave. Visit College website for more information.
McDaniel College was founded in 1867 as the first co-ed college just south of the Mason-Dixon line. Our motto, E Tenebris in Lucem Voco, means "I call you out of darkness into light." We are a private, selective college of the liberal arts and sciences offering a personalized undergraduate and graduate education delivered by expert faculty in small class settings on a spectacular hilltop campus ideally located near Baltimore and Washington, D.C. Our students also have the opportunity to study at McDaniel Europe in Budapest, Hungary. McDaniel College is a diverse student-centered community committed to excellence in the liberal arts & sciences and professional studies. With careful mentoring and attention to the individual, McDaniel changes lives. We challenge students to develop their unique potentials with reason, imagination, and human concern. Through flexible academic programs, collaborative and experiential learning, and global engagement, McDaniel prepares students for successful lives of leadership, service, and social responsibility.
McDaniel College, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status or any other legally protected status.
McDaniel College is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which all students, faculty, and staff can flourish. Learn more about McDaniel College's commitment to diversity and inclusion https://www.mcdaniel.edu/about-us/mission-history/diversity-inclusion.
Please visit our employer showcase!