Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||John Snow, Inc.
||Boston, MA United States
|| Consulting Services
Senior Consultant for Racial and Health Equity|
JSI is seeking a highly motivated Senior Consultant for its Health Services Division (Boston location preferred). The Senior Consultant for Racial and Health Equity will be responsible for working on US-based evaluation, training and technical assistance, health needs assessment, and/or strategic planning projects with a particular focus on the following areas:
● Racism as a public health crisis and driver of health inequities.
● Measurement of progress toward racial justice and health equity goals.
● Application of racial justice and health equity lens to new business development, and ongoing and proposed projects.
The ideal candidate will be a flexible and enthusiastic individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to support JSIís mission of promoting and improving health for all, with a focus on populations that have been disproportionately impacted by racism, discrimination, economic inequality and other factors.
● Lead and advise projects in the integration of racial and health equity principles..
● Manage projects with tight and evolving timelines, including development and production of deliverables and maintenance of client relationships.
● Conduct quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis through a racial equity lens in order to identify and track disparities, and make programmatic recommendations. Methods may include quantitative analysis to disaggregate data by race and ethnicity, as well as key informant interviews, focus groups, and literature reviews to support mixed methods solutions.
● Conduct equity trainings and develop materials to engage and educate public health, medical and behavioral health staff to identify or eliminate barriers to equity and improve outcomes for all.
● Lead the development of executable and measurable organizational policy and equity implementation plans and evaluation strategies for public health and healthcare organizations
● Develop, coordinate, and monitor policy and equity related performance metrics
● Prepare project deliverables, including materials and report development and presentation.
● Contribute to new business development, including proposal organization and writing, especially with respect to project/potential projects related to racial justice and health equity.
● Facilitate conversations about racial justice and equity among external and internal stakeholders and colleagues.
● Manage time with a high level of organization and capacity to meet multiple deadlines.
● Work collaboratively in team-based environments.
Qualifications & Requirements
● Bachelorís degree required, masterís or doctorate level preferred with coursework in structural racism, racial justice, health equity, public policy, public health, business, or related fields. Facilitation or training certification in racial/health equity work is strongly preferred.
● Knowledge of health equity concepts including but not limited to health in all policies, root cause analysis, health impact assessment, and equity-centered program design.
● Over 5 years of experience in racial justice, health equity, public health, health services, work in communities of color, or related experience.
● Strong, innovative facilitation skills and demonstrated ability to facilitate transformative conversations around racial equity with diverse stakeholders
● Commitment to the field of public health with an emphasis on racial justice, health equity, and/or equitable health services delivery.
● Excellent writing skills for a variety of audiences including health policy professionals, technical audiences, and lay audiences.
● Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
● Excellent leadership skills and ability to perform in a team-based environment.
● Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
John Snow, Inc.|
JSI is a team of public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and outcomes for all. Our fundamental goal is to ensure that all individuals can live their best and healthiest life, regardless of age or circumstances. In pursuit of our goal, we provide innovative management consulting and technical assistance incorporating a broad range of skills and more than 40 years in the field. We collaborate with government agencies, the private sector, and local nonprofit and civil society organizations to identify and implement solutions to public health challenges. These partnerships improve the quality, accessibility, and equity of health systems and lead to better health outcomes.We work within communities and rely on local staff to ground our approach in a deep understanding of those who will benefit. While we promote using best practices and sharing solutions, we tailor strategies to each situation and seek creative options to meet clientsí needs.
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.