VHB has an immediate need for an experienced Environmental Scientist/Engineer to join our growing Site Investigation & Remediation practice in our Newark, NJ office.
WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
About the Position
Environmental Scientist/Engineer | Newark, NJ
- Implementation of soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, soil gas, and indoor air workplans
- Oversight of subcontractors that could include drilling, excavation, remediation, surveying
- Data Management (compilation, manipulation, and evaluation of data)
- Assist with, or responsible for, writing and preparation/development of reports, workplans, letters, regulatory packages, and/or technical scopes of work
- Assist with, or responsible for, coordination of work with managers, clients, and subcontractors
- Client interaction in a professional and field setting
- Travel to worksites primarily in NJ, NY, and PA (field vehicles available)
Skills & Abilities
- Ability/willingness to work in the field in a variety of climates year-round without restrictions
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills (prioritization, multi-tasking, time management)
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgement, and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to perform under pressure and within established deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- BS and/or MS in geology, applied environmental science, or engineering
- 5+ years of related professional environmental consulting experience with strong technical writing abilities
- General knowledge of, and the willingness to further comprehend, the NJDEP and/or NYSDEC Rules and Guidance
- Specific knowledge and experience navigating the NJDEP LSRP Program
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER and up to date 8-hour refresher
Please submit applications online.
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.