Chief Operating Office Business Functional Manager 3|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message.Â In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Organizationally structured within the Chief Administrator Office (CAO), the COO Portfolio Delivery team reports directly into the Enterprise Change Management (ECM) leadership. The COO Portfolio Delivery (COO PD) is a team of seasoned strategy and change management delivery professionals who are aligned to support COO business partners through portfolio management, program delivery and project management. The team exists to execute on COO's investment decisions and consistently deliver business value through effective program execution. We turn strategy into valued and sustainable results.
A Business Functional Manager (BFM) within the Portfolio Delivery team is accountable for the execution of a defined portfolio of programs by building partnerships with senior leaders and their teams and ensuring professional execution of change in alignment with policy. Those who play this role must understand strategic plans, regulatory and compliance requirements and implications and be able to partner with sponsors and executive stakeholders to develop and execute change in both waterfall and agile models. They must be comfortable and experienced in interfacing at the Operating Committee level within a large financial institution.
Playing a senior role, BFMs are accountable for structuring large, complex enterprise programs and resourcing teams to successfully execute all activities in a program or product life-cycle. They also support the organization in business case development and coordination of funding approval processes, capacity planning recruiting, people management and interfacing with second and third line risk and audit partners. Effective talent management is also a key aspect of the role and the ability to grow a team's skills and capabilities is critical.
As a Team Member Manager, you will be expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements
- 12+ years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: business process, quality assurance, strategic planning, or project management
- 10+ years of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Project management (e.g. PMP) and agile (e.g. scrum master) certifications
- Six Sigma/Lean experience and/or certification
- Leadership skills and experience managing a highly complex, multi-million dollar portfolio comprised of large programs and projects executing transformational initiatives at the enterprise level
- Experience working directly with the operating committee of a large financial institution
- Specific knowledge on key business processes within a large retail, commercial or corporate and investment bank with a global business footprint
- Demonstrated experience with agile change delivery processes
- Prior working experience with digital initiatives including user experience design principles
- Experience leading large, complex organizations spread across multiple, global locations, exhibiting proven skills in teaching, coaching, mentoring and development of strong, diverse teams
- Demonstrated success managing a team through organizational, transformational and culturalÂ change
- A proven ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization, developing partnerships with many business and functional areas and driving a culture of accountability
- Experienced in the creation of business cases, prioritization of initiatives, assigning work, execution, management andÂ resolution of risks and issues while ensuring initiative(s) are delivered within agreed timelines
- Exceptional strategic problem solving and quantitative analytical skills with proven ability to turn findings into executable plans
- Experience with program management software (e.g. Clarity, HP PPM, ServiceNow or equivalent)
- Experience with the agile toolset including Jira and Confluence
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
NY-New York: 30 Hudson Yards - New York, NY
NC-Charlotte: 8505 Ibm Drive - Charlotte, NC
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 2701 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-Chandler: 2800 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.