Business Risk & Control Sr. Officer - Cybersecurity Policy|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America's diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers âround-the-clock' banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company's customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
This position is within the Technology Control Team, which is responsible for the implementation and management of the First Line of Defense risk and control program requirements. Within Technology Control, this position resides in the Governance / Policy and Regulatory Adherence Management team and will support the Technology and Cybersecurity policy owners. The position requires an understanding of Policy, Standard and Procedure industry best practices.
The Technology Policy Governance development and revision process requires an understanding of policy development, control objectives and policy frameworks necessary to update and maintain a well-managed stack of policies for the Technology organization.Â The candidate will manage the end-to-end strategy and revision process, working directly with the Policy/Domain teams, Enterprise Policy Office, Independent Risk Management and Technology Policy Development team to usher in a revised stack of policies and procedures through the development and revision process.
Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will be impressive in their inter-personal effectiveness and with regard to their accomplishments. It requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills.Â A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
- Develop and drive strategy for structure and content for Technology and Cybersecurity policies in line with industry best practices and established guidelines and frameworks.
- Establish and execute a policy strategy for the 26 Technology policies - enhance clarity and adherence criteria in addition to simplification and automation of related controls where possible.Â The strategy will impact teams across all of Technology.
- Critical to the enterprise policy redesign strategy - rationalize current policy inventory and direct the rewrite of policies to comply with new standards being established by the Enterprise Policy Office.Â This is critical to regulatory commitments.
- Lead, influence and direct key stakeholders and partners.
- Work closely with Policy Development, Controls Framework, Regulatory Adherence and Policy Adherence teams to drive alignment of policy requirements to controls, regulations and key risk information to enable policy adherence monitoring and reporting.
- Provide guidance on fit for purpose tooling required to achieve sustainability and automation.
- Provide guidance and work closely with the leaders in the respective organizations in the establishment of controls in alignment with Technology policies and standards.Â
- 10+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 10+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 7+ years must include direct experience in risk management
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years in Cybersecurity, Technology or Operations policy management
- Ability to lead and influence peer organizations
- Experience managing governance programs and/or oversight programs within a risk and controls management environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively execute in a large, diverse, matrixed organization
- Working knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) concepts and policies across risk types (regulatory and operational, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal); ability to concisely articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Clear understanding of policies and standards associated with Technology and Cybersecurity risk
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly professional, adaptable and pro-active mindset
- Ability to translate technical language into plain business language
- 5+ years of experience managing the strategy and content for Technology and Cybersecurity policies
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.