||Cary, NC United States
|| Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Computers, Software, Information Technology, Internet/E-Commerce, Law Enforcement, and Security, Quality Control, Research & Development, Web Technology, Energy / Utilities
Lead Penetration Tester|
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Penetration Test Lead is responsible for all aspects of penetration testing work performed by the team. The core mission of the team is to provide security posture validation through penetration testing of systems that are, or are about to be, active on the Verizon network.
You will be part of an internal security team focused on the infrastructure used to support a world-class network. Test targets range from networking gear or web applications up to orchestrators that support the operation of Verizon's fiber and mobile networks. You will be challenged to learn new concepts on each project.
- Lead penetration tests from scoping through final documentation, readout and follow-up conversations.
Communicate clearly with all stakeholders to ensure a successful penetration test and advocate for security wherever possible.
Mentor Penetration Test Operators.
Mindset of ownership and continuous improvement –drive positive change on the team through proactive work.
Thought leadership –identify areas where security can be improved at Verizon and support actions to achieve those goals.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree OR four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in penetration testing or bug bounty programs
- Experience with complex enterprise networks –architecture and equipment.
- Linux and Windows system administration experience.
- Strong knowledge of tools used for wireless, web application, and network security testing, such as Burp Suite, netcat, Kali Linux, Metasploit, Nessus, Web Inspect, AppSpider
- Experience with Cloud security and technologies for containers and virtual machines.
- Experience with penetration testing web applications.
Even better if you have:
- Ability to communicate technical issues to a range of audiences.
- Solid organizational skills that support efficient completion of complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Advanced certifications from Offensive Security (OSWE, OSCE, OSED, etc) or similar industry recognized practical certifications.
- Experience developing, extending, or modifying exploits, shellcode or exploit tools.
- Splunk experience.
- Website or application development experience.
- Network engineering.
- Automation experience.
- Experience with source code review for control flow and security flaws.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.