||Thermo Fisher Scientific
|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Law Enforcement, and Security, Manufacturing and Production, Sales, Executive Management, Research & Development, Environmental, Writing/Authoring, Energy / Utilities
Senior Director, Commercial|
Location/Division Specific Information
The Chemical Analysis Division provides a diverse mix of analytical instruments and associated services to a broad range of end user markets including Safety & Security, Environmental, Food Safety, Energy, Mining, Life Science Manufacturing and Recycling, to name a few. Its instruments are deployed in the field and on the line, in meaningful environments where customers put a premium on robustness, reliability and ease of use. They allow them to make decisions where they operate and streamline their businesses. We are a division with a broad product portfolio and diverse customer base. This position can be located remotely in the US.
How you will make an impact:
The Senior Director, Commercial is chartered to drive business growth across CAD in North America. Build a clear vision, strategy, and objectives for sales leaders and key cross functional partners through a functional commercial model and diverse product and solutions portfolio.
What you will do:
She/he will drive overall execution of sales to include establishing and maintaining business plans within each market segment, setting appropriate sales targets, ensuring accountability to achieving these targets and associated commercial processes. Focus on and delivery of employee talent development ensuring priorities are met through appropriate coaching, mentoring and leadership initiatives to drive strategic success of commercial team. Lead a team of 7 managers and their sales team members (approximately 70 colleagues), to achieve or exceed goals for bookings, revenue and overall profitability. Specifically:
- Strategically address the market needs and analysis with product line leaders.
- Build partnerships among Division business units (Environmental Process Monitoring, Field Safety Instruments, and Materials & Minerals).
- Develop and manage relationships at senior levels with large and/or strategic customers.
- Create and evaluate target lists for business development or share of wallet gains within the region; measure and monitor execution against targets.
- Actively discuss trends, customer issues, and competitors’ activities with the Regional Commercial leaders as well as various product managers/specialist, and solicit support to ensure effective delivery of sales and marketing strategies in order to achieve desired commercial results for the regions assigned.
How you will get here:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Science preferred); MBA preferred or equivalent business experience.
- 10+ years of successful sales management experience to include customer engagement and influencing senior management in a related industry
- Successfully lead commercial organization portfolio with revenue base of greater than $150M
- Knowledge of the trends, financial and profit drivers in a related industry
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must; contact management software a plus
- Successful track record of inspiring change and developing cross-functional roadmaps to execute a strategic vision.
- Demonstrated success working in a sophisticated matrix environment, leading a motivated and highly productive team through direct and indirect reporting relationships.
- Significant travel required (70%)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, strategic selling, negotiating, presentation and financial/business acumen
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and in writing