||Thermo Fisher Scientific
||Kansas City, MO
|| Agriculture, Forestry, & Fishing, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Information Technology, Manufacturing and Production, Sales, Purchasing, Executive Management, Research & Development
Program Manager III, Biologics|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Program Manager is responsible for the oversight of customer projects at the Princeton site and liaising with Program Managers and network support staff at other Patheon sites to effectively execute each project. They are the main point of contact for all customer projects on site and are directly responsible for the contractual and financial management of each project. The Program Manager is also required to support the project teams in resolving project & customer issues and escalate issues to leadership as required to ensure the projects progress in accordance with company goals and customer requirements.
- Scientific: The job holder should have a high level understanding of the technical aspects of a customer program.
- Organization: The job holder will need to manage multi-disciplinary project teams in a matrix organization. They require good leadership and communication skills to achieve the overall customer program result.
- Networking: The job holder will work with a wide network both inside and outside of Patheon Biologics, globally.
- Quality and EH&S: Responsible for acting according to EH&S, Quality regulations (specifically in Princeton to a non-cGMP environment). Activities are to be performed under safe conditions to ensure the health of all personnel and prevent negative effects on the environment.
Complexity of the Job
The biopharmaceutical industry makes use of a wide range of complex biotechnologies (including cell line generation, cell culturing, purification and analytical technologies) and advanced manufacturing techniques. All processes and products are characterized by strict safety, quality and regulatory requirements. Due to the complex nature of these programs, projects are of very high value and often require delivery against tight timelines. Development and production activities, therefore, need to be performed in an efficient but controlled manner to assure the sites’ compliance whilst maintaining business competitiveness. This job is required to balance customer needs with Patheon goals, capabilities and restrictions.
What will you do?
- The Program Manager is responsible for the oversight & execution of customer projects and the financial and contractual management of each program.
- To work collaboratively with cross-functional project teams to ensure all project activities are properly planned and delivered.
- To report progress against program scope and revenue delivery.
- To ensure profitability of each program through control of project scope.
- Ensures progress of programs in accordance with company goals and quality requirements.
- Ensures successful customer relationship management through the project teams and use of PM tools to reduce program risk.
- Communication and escalation of project challenges through proper channels to provide visibility to the Head of PM, site leadership and business unit leadership as needed.
- Contribution to the trajectory of the site PM team including: support for creation/implementation/improvement of processes and systems to increase efficiencies of PM and site activities.
- Interact with the Business Development (sales), “sister” site PMs & Business Management function in proposal preparation, contracting activities and hosting customer visits as needed.
- Serve as primary point of contact/communication for customer projects.
- Create and manage timeline and budget for customer projects in accordance with the contract.
- Ensure project team effectively plans all project activities.
- Manage changes of scope or Project Expansion work statements by contracting changes to the project as needed.
- Drive communications within our global network during technology transfer.
- Accurately report financial progress on customer projects to leadership.
- Ensure all customer invoices are created and sent in accordance with the contract and Patheon procedures.
- Responsible for internal communications/discussions to drive achievement of project milestones and deliverables in accordance with customer needs.
- Participate in the development or improvement of Program Management systems and processes for the site and/or collaboratively across the network.
- Coordinate customer visit planning and overall presentation of the site to current customers as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor Science degree with at least 5 years related experience in industry.
- Educational equivalence may be considered.
- Understanding of Biologics is strongly preferred.
- The job holder must be a good communicator who adopts a logical approach and is able to interact effectively with project teams.
- Routine use of MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word is essential.
- Certification of PM skills (e.g. PMP or Six Sigma) is desirable.
- Business acumen and Client facing communication skills.
- This position requires someone with good technical, organizational and time management skills, an understanding of clinical biologics, strong leadership and excellent communication skills.
- Collaboration (globally) internally and externally with Customer focus in mind.
- Risk based / fluid environment decision making.
- Demonstrated expertise in program management including timeline & budget management, communication plans, risk prevention, action tracking and project plans.
- Track record in working well in cross-functional environments with strong presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed environment with a collaborative approach. Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Experience using MS Project or equivalent as a tool to create timelines and monitor project progress.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.