Sr. Program Manager - Biologics Development|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Be a leader on the program management team supporting the customer and the core project team in all matters related biologics process development and technology transfer to cGMP biopharmaceutical manufacturing. The position requires a highly motivated and tenacious, Program Management expert in the pharmaceutical manufacturing setting. The Sr. Program manager must have demonstrated success managing complex customer-facing programs in a CDMO or pharmaceutical setting.
What will you do?
- Plan and deliver all stages of the project within a matrix organization supporting biologics process development, analytical development, technology transfer of new products to cGMP manufacturing and process characterization activities.
- Resolve project team issues, facilitate decision making within the team and coach colleagues on best practices for negotiation and problem solving. Drive progress to completion to the required standard (both internally and with the customer).
- Communicate regularly with the business, technical and customer teams. Track and report on critical program milestones. Manage progress, issues, and risks.
- Track and manage the financial aspects of the project including milestone payments, pass through costs and FTE estimates to ensure that we are on time and on budget.
- Develop, improve, and implement program and project management tools and templates for use by the program teams. Demonstrate role model leadership in the execution of PM standard work and customer-centric behavior.
How will you get here?
- BSc in a relevant scientific discipline with at least 8 years related experience in the CDMO or pharmaceutical industry. Advanced degree is highly desired.
- Certification strongly preferred (PMP, Six Sigma, or equivalent).
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a project or program management role responsible for customer programs (ideally in a contract manufacturing organization) with significant business impact. Typically, the successful candidate will have greater than 10 years industry experience and a strong understanding of CMC and CDMO processes.
- Should possess working knowledge of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical product lifecycles with experience managing process development and/or commercial manufacturing programs.
- Significant experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver on-time and on-quality.
- Experience in biopharmaceutical manufacturing is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success leveraging excellent technical, organizational and time management skills to deliver projects to meet all stakeholder expectations.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management including timeline & budget management, communication plans, proactive risk prevention, action tracking and project plans. Experience implementing new tools and business processes to support department efficiency.
- Understands causal links between the Company's integrity policies and its value to the customer.
- Open to challenge and to be challenged on ideas and opinions as part of a collaborative decision-making process.
- Able to comprehend and interpret technical and business documents and apply to appropriate actions.
- Expert understanding of financial analysis, forecasting, tracking, and reporting for projects vs. the allocated budgets.
- Able to communicate with all levels in small and large group settings and influence actions and drive results within a matrix environment.
- Able to lead teams in a high paced, rapidly changing environment while maintaining order and a larger picture perspective.
- Able to interact and communicate with internal and external senior management and explain topics/decisions in the appropriate context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Expert with MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.