Product Manager- Applied Markets|
Job Title: Product Manager- Applied Markets
Requisition ID: 150776BR
Location: Santa Clara, CA Or US-Remote
What will you do?
We are seeking a passionate Product Manager who will lead our Agrigenomics and Gene Expression portfolios. The Product Manager will serve as the product champion and be responsible for the product introduction, training, support and life cycle management for our current and future Gene Expression and Agrigenomics Applications. This person will develop business cases and own product management responsibilities for the growing portfolio of products.
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like improving products and services for reproductive health, genetic screening, the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Microarray Business Unit is highly mission-driven, committed to advancing solutions around the world to ultimately make the world healthier focused on agrigenomics and gene expression. The team works to ensure the voice of the customer is brought into product portfolio. The business utilizes multiple platforms to provide complete solutions designed for meeting the customers’ unmet needs.
The Product Manager will play a vital role in the success of the organization by driving the strategy and product portfolios focused on the agrigenomic and gene expression markets. The Product Manager will routinely interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel and requires the ability to present technical, application and product information to scientists, as well as business and marketing information to internal stakeholders. The position requires a collaborative team-focused approach and often requires the ability to gain the cooperation of others.
- Manage a portfolio of new and existing products and ensure their commercial success
- Define market requirements and synthesize customer input by conducting VOC and market research to understand key market trends, use cases, customer requirements, user and buyer personas, and competitive activities across geographies and market segments
- Work closely with global market development to define go-to-market strategy including support for global product launch activities including positioning, value proposition, sales training, collateral and demand generation strategies.
- Develop relationships with key opinion leaders that can become product advocates, provide business insights, identify market needs and trends, and become beta testers for new products.
- Be the voice of customers guiding cross-functional product development teams to ensure the team can deliver the product solutions that meet or exceed customer’s expectations.
- Inspire, influence, and empower employees across the matrix (both direct and indirect teams) to over-achieve objectives. Proven capability to work within a highly-matrixed environment effectively and efficiently.
- Leverage the classical four P’s to continue to strengthen our leadership position in the agrigenomics space
- Partner with global commercial organization to ensure the successful commercialization of new products
- Creative, independent thinker capable of recognizing the most effective and efficient way to get things done
- Strong initiative and ability to take ownership of challenging problems involving disparate parties. Demonstrated problem solving skills in situations involving conflicting constraints and pressure
How will you get there?
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science discipline required. Masters, Ph.D. or M.B.A degree a plus.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in product management or marketing in Life Sciences or Genomics
- Knowledge of Agrigenomics & Gene Expression market structure, competitive dynamics and associated technologies
- Experience in defining product requirements and working with cross-functional teams to ensure the development of products based on business requirements
- Track record in interacting with customers and various internal organizations
- A team player with a bias for action and driving projects to fruition
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated success in new product development and commercialization of Genomics reagents and consumables
- Ability to effectively influence customers, partners, vendors, and internal staff as required
- Demonstrated success working in a global matrixed environment
- Ability to influence and promote enthusiasm and support through verbal, written and presentation communications skills
- Willingness to travel up to 25%, both domestic and internationally, as required
- Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I’s)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.