Technology COSO Leader|
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.98 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investment and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through 7,400 locations, more than 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 31 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 263,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2020 rankings of America's largest corporations.
The Controllers Division delivers subject matter expertise, counsel, governance, and oversight for all Wells Fargo controllership activities to the business units and staff groups. The division includes the following functional areas: Accounting Business Unit Support, Accounting Operations, Enterprise Controls & Oversight, Enterprise Financial Reporting, and Corporate Tax.
The group's mission is to perform their responsibilities in an efficient and well-controlled environment to ensure deliverables are reliable and accurate, ensure interactions with both internal and external stakeholders are completed with the highest integrity, and provide accounting, controllership, and other support of the highest quality to our business and staff group partners. And to foster an environment that encourages and promotes diversity and inclusion across our team members.
The Technology COSO Leader will report to the Enterprise Controls & Oversight (EC&O) Leader. EC&O is an enterprise function reporting to the Corporate Controller and responsible for all Governance & Oversight related to the control environment supporting external financial and certain regulatory and risk reporting of Wells Fargo & Co. The Technology COSO team is responsible for IT General Controls (ITGC) and IT Application Controls (ITAC) design and operating effectiveness testing to support both Wells Fargo's SOX (SEC reporting) and G&O framework (Regulatory and Risk reporting) internal control opinions. This individual will be responsible for day to day management and operation of the Technology COSO Program which currently includes approximately 100 team members in the US and India.Â
The primary responsibilities of the Technology COSO Leader role will include the following:Â
- Perform internal control design effectiveness assessment and operating effectiveness of technology controls that relate to financial and certain regulatory reportingÂ
- Assess significance of Technology deficiencies as part of internal control aggregation and governance processes and validate remediation of deficiencies, where appropriate Â
- Interface directly with Technology group heads regarding significant matters. Influence outcomes and provide credible challenge to planned remediation activities. Regularly present to group heads and other key executive stakeholders on planned activities and results and conclusions.Â
- Drive process improvement and efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of the Technology COSO Program
- Participate as Subject Matter Expert leader on various critical enterprise initiatives such as G&O framework implementation for Data Owner processes, Risk and Regulatory Data technology solutions (e.g., eONE, Data Lake)
Leadership and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability. They will be a highly motivated team player and a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, and achieving results. Additionally, the candidate should possess good professional presence and be accustomed to presenting material to senior executives. The candidate should be flexible, be able to withstand challenges and adapt accordingly. This executive will be recognized for accomplishments related to hiring, retaining, and developing a diverse, world-class team.Â
- 8+ years of management experience
- 12+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Demonstrated success and mastery managing in a matrixed environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of management experience in the financial services industry, preferably relating to ITGC control environments and IT application controls for banking and financeÂ
- 5+ years of experience with COSO and internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR), and demonstrated success improving the effectiveness of ICFR and ITGC environments, and IT application controls,Â including global service delivery modelsÂ
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other relevant and equivalent certification(s)Â
- Advanced degree with banking background preferredÂ
- Strong mastery of current, relevant new technologiesÂ
- Experience managing a team of managersÂ
- Expert understanding of current financial and regulatory requirementsÂ
- Exceptional track record of delivering resultsÂ
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization, including off-shore workforce (India)
- Proven track record of fostering a strong collaborative environment, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas across Wells FargoÂ
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills combined with strategic business focusÂ
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts so that they are clearly understood in support of sound decisionsÂ
- Ability to drive organizational change and develop innovative solutionsÂ
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills with the ability to present information in order to create understanding and influence decisionsÂ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.